Must have makeup

0 comments


    As requested, these are the products that I would recommend to someone starting off their makeup kit. I've tried tonnes of products but these have definitely stood out to me amongst them all. 
    • A good primer is essential for a flawless base and longevity of your makeup. I've recently been loving the Laura Mercier Hydrating primer as it makes my skin feel so soft and of course, hydrated! It's perfect for those with dry skin. If your skin is very dry I would recommend the Illamasqua Hydra Veil, it's VERY hydrating and that will last all day. For those with normal- combination skin, the Smashbox Photo Finish is amazing! Alongside their under- eye primer which will really help with those who crease under the eyes or have darkness (hydration is key).
    • I always say that your base is the most important part of your makeup, because if that looks good then the rest of your makeup will follow. For a lighter, everyday base, the NARS tinted moisturiser is perfect (which I've reviewed recently). For foundation, the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder is amazing! It'll ensure healthy and glowing skin. I'll never recommend anything with a full coverage/ heavy as a lighter base always looks better regardless of your skin, less is more girls!
    • Concealer is a must for majority of people, whether you have hyper- pigmentation, redness, acne scars etc. My absolute favourite to use around my face is the NARS stick concealer, the coverage is amazing and you don't need to colour correct with it. Favourites for under my eyes are the Maybelline Eraser and LA Girl Pro conceal, they're very creamy and easy to blend out. 
    • I use these two products everyday without fail and they give the perfect contour. The LA Pro concealer is perfect as a base for your contour as it'll blend out easily on your skin and it's so pigmented that you only need the smallest amount. I then use the Anastasia Beverly Hills powder contour kit to go over the cream base and set it. A little goes a long way with any contouring products so you want to avoid using too much otherwise your face can look muddy.
    • My favourite blushers. I only own pink ones as they add such a pretty, youthful look to your skin! Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to chic in 'Love is the Drug' (reviewed beneath this post) and Bobbi Brown in 'Sand Pink'. They both give the prettiest, doll like cheeks. Super pigmented and blendable to avoid clown cheeks. 
    • The only eyeshadow palette I reach for anymore! The Maybelline 'Nudes' palette. It has the perfect mix of warm tones, a few cool tones and some gorgeousss glitters! From a pale nude to matte black, it is so versatile. I will be doing a few looks with this beauty soon.
    • Everybody loves a good highlight, these are some of the best. Becca Champagne Pop, Kiko 208 and The Balm Mary- Lou Manizer. Just look at them, need I say more?
    • I love pretty lashes, but who doesn't? My favourite mascaras are the L'Oreal Volume Million lashes and Smashbox Full Exposure, lengthening and amazing volume without any clumps! An option for false lashes are the Eylure 117, they're very light- weight and sparse. They're a more exaggerated version of Ardell Demi Wispies (my favourite for everyday use) and look so good on. Heavy and thick eyelashes are a no no!
    • Two must have powders. The Chanel Les Beige and Soap and Glory Kick Ass powder. The Chanel powder is perfect for a light satin finish with a little coverage, it literally looks as though you're not even wearing a powder but just a more naturally mattified area of the skin. The Kick- Ass powder is translucent but has a yellow tint making it perfect for brightening areas such as under the eyes. 
    • Eyebrows really frame your face so it's essential to use good products! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Benefit Gimme Brow are the perfect combo! The ABH pomade is amazing for filling in sparse brows and adding in more shape, whereas the Gimme Brow is more of a tinted brow gel, adding a little colour and setting the brow hairs in place all day (can be used alone for those with fuller brows). They can be used lightly for everyday use or heavily for occasions, definitely worth the investment.
    • The prettiest part of anyones makeup collection. These four brands definitely deliver in terms of pigment, longevity and packaging. Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford, Charlotte Tilbury and MAC. If I had to pick two of my favourite, go- to lipsticks they would be MAC Ruby Woo and Velvet Teddy, the perfect red and perfect nude. 
    • Finally, to finish off your makeup look it's handy to have a good fixing spray and setting spray. The NYX setting spray can be sprayed lightly over your face when your makeup application is finished to increase longevity, whereas MAC Fix+ is handy to use on the go to refresh your makeup throughout the day.

      I hope you liked this post girls! I know it was long but I wanted to include all of my must- have products. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me on Instagram @ikrxk or Snap me @ikraaax. 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Aaraishh. Design by MangoBlogs.