Favourite liquid lipsticks

0 comments

    • Products in the photo (left to right): Limecrime Wicked (deep wine red), Anastasia Beverly Hills Sarafine (very comparable to MAC Ruby Woo but a little darker), Kat Von D Lolita (chestnut rose), Limecrime Riot (pinky brown), Colourpop More Better (dark pink/ purple, extremely similar to ABH Craft)
      Starting off with Limecrime, these were the first liquid lipsticks I bought and I was so excited to try them out. They retail at £13.93/ $20 which is pretty standard for a high end liquid lipstick. I love all the colours I bought (about 12 shades) but Wicked and Riot stood out to me the most.  Wicked being a vampy red and Riot being an everyday pinky brown. Of all of my liquid lipsticks, Riot sits the nicest on my lips. It doesn't feel dry or crumble at all and stays put for hours on end (as long as I don't eat any oily foods). Wicked on the other hand doesn't sit as well and I'm going to just put that down to the fact that the pigment is a lot darker because I don't have that problem with any of the other lighter shades from Limecrime. Regardless, they are lovely and for those who may be cautious of ordering from Limecrime my order was completely fine and in fact got to me within 4 days from the US with no hassle.

      Next is my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in Sarafine, again retailing at $20/ £13.88. It's annoying trying to buy these as they aren't available in the UK so you either have to buy them from a store/ seller charging a bomb or pay a ridiculous amount in customs from the ABH website. I managed to buy mine brand new from a seller on Depop (a buying/ selling app) and although I paid more than I wanted to I didn't regret it one bit because I LOVE the colour. I always get compliments when I'm wearing this. As I've mentioned before MAC Ruby Woo is probably my favourite lipstick and Sarafine is literally the liquid lipstick version of it, just little deeper. The formula is more whipped compared to the other three which are more liquidy. It lasts about 6 hours before touch ups are needed. It's a shade which would suit everyone so I'd definitely recommend picking it up if you get the chance to!

      Kat Von D Lolita is probably the most popular liquid lipstick that I've ever heard of, this also retails at $20/ £13.88. The colour of it is so pretty and unique making it as popular as it is. Other companies have also released liquid lipsticks of a similar colour such as Jeffree Star Androgyny, Colourpop Stingraye etc. It's described as a 'Chestnut Rose' which is a pretty accurate description of it. Again, it's very difficult to get a hold of in the UK which is disappointing as I would buy so many more if it was! I sits really well on the lips like Limecrime Riot and lasts quite long, I'd say at least 6 hours. Also, how gorgeous is the packaging?!

      Finally, is Colourpop More Better, retailing at only $6! Which converts to £4.16. I don't usually wear this sort of colour on my lips as I don't think it suits me much but this particular shade was too pretty to pass up. It's like a really dark pink/ borderline purple, really similar to ABH Craft which I was after for ages. The formula isn't as good as the others as it's more drying and you may need to top it up every couple of hours but there is a big price difference which explains it all. I would buy a ton of these if they were sold in the UK as there's a really good colour range, but again there's either a customs charge or a seller selling them over double the price.

      It's annoying that the best liquid lipsticks aren't actually available in the UK yet but if you do get a chance to buy any of these (at a reasonable price) then go for it! You won't regret it. If you have any questions or suggestions for future posts then feel free to DM me on Instagram @ikrxk or Snap me @ikraaax xxxxxxx

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Aaraishh. Design by MangoBlogs.