Sumita Cosmetics review

0 comments

    • Sumita is an LA based luxury cosmetic brand focusing on eyebrow and eye products and I was given the opportunity to review some of their products. I was sent two eye pencils, a gel eyeliner pot (which I'm going to review separately) a brow pencil and brow wax to try out. The packaging is GORGEOUS, with a south Asian inspired look. The boxes feature a simplistic henna design which is so out of the ordinary for makeup brands and makes their products stand out even more. 

    • I got the shades Violet and Midnight Blue which are insanely pretty, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest! The formula is described as waterproof and oil- enriched and I couldn't agree more. They're pigmented, creamy and don't budge all day. They retail at $19 (around £14) which is a pretty standard price. I've tried eye pencils from Urban Decay, MAC, Laura Mercier, NARS and more but Sumita has some of the best by FAR. It's rare to find pencils which are so rich in colour and long lasting. I love using this in my waterline, smoking them out underneath or as a base for my eyeshadow. Highly recommend! I can't wait to try more colours out.

    • Doing my eyebrows during my makeup routine is by far my least favourite part, so I'm always excited to try new products which are quick and easy to use. The oval tip (similar to the ABH Brow Definer) is versatile as you can use the thin edge to draw a precise shape and then use the wider edge to fill your brows in. This pencil comes in three shades: light, medium and dark. The cons to this pencil are that the colour isn't buildable and you can't use much of it. It just looks weird and unnatural if you try to use more product even if you blend a lot. It's definitely only suited to those with already thick brows with a naturally defined shape. This retails at $19 (around £14) which I think is reasonable for a good brow product which will last a good while. 
    • We all get them unruly brow hairs which aren't just annoying but make our brows look messy too. A little of this brow wax before or after applying your brow product will keep them in shape all day. The formula is quite firm (as most brow products are) to ensure that it really sticks to the hairs. This product isn't a necessity to your collection but can make a big difference some! This retails at $21 (around £15) which is again pretty standard.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Aaraishh. Design by MangoBlogs.