Laura Mercier Translucent Powder review

0 comments




When it comes to base products, I always splurge on high end as a flawless base is the most important part of your makeup in my opinion. I was looking for the 'perfect' loose powder (rather than pressed as I bake), and the Laura Mercier translucent powder was by far the most popular. It's recommended by majority of bloggers, makeup artists and beauty lovers so I decided to try it out too. It retails at £29 and I purchased mine from Selfridges.

I apply this powder lightly under my eyes using a dry beauty blender and I let it bake for a few minutes. For other areas of my face I just used a normal powder brush. The more powder used, the more flashback you will get so be careful!

Pros
  • Finely milled/ very lightweight
  • Not cakey 
  • Lasts all day
  • A lot of product
Cons
  • Creases under the eyes after a while
  • Price
  • Flashback
I have very mixed feelings about this powder. My main issue being creasing under the eyes as I naturally don't have creases under my eyes yet this powder gives me them. I've also tried the Bobbi Brown pale yellow powder and the MAC CC neutralize powder which didn't make me crease at all. But on the other hand I love how finely milled and lightweight it is making it very comfortable on your skin. I don't use powder under my eyes everyday as I prefer a dewier and more natural look, but when it comes to occasions I like everything to be as flawless as possible so I was a little disappointed. 

Would I repurchase? Probably not, it didn't really meet up to its expectations for me.

Let me know your thoughts on it girls! xxx

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Aaraishh. Design by MangoBlogs.